Richard Rich joined our firm (Staffurth and Bray) in 2006 having worked as a Senior Litigator dealing with accidents and personal injury since 1985.
Having recognised that injured victims do not often have the money to risk on legal fees, particularly if they are unable to work Richard introduced “no win no fee” agreements to giveclients peace of mind.
Wannops is in your corner all the time that reasonable prospects exist for winning your claim or improving upon an offer made.
‘No win, No fee’ allows you to make a compensation claim where there are reasonable prospects for success.
Whilst working for Wannops Richard has recovered millions in compensation for the firm’s clients.
Richard is especially proud of the fact that the majority of his work, particularly more serious local accidents, is received through recommendations by word of mouth from the firm’s clients. Many firms effectively buy work from marketing companies and this was something Richard was very keen to move away from. He is an absolute believer in personal recommendation and he does his best to ensure that clients are happy with him and the work he is progressing with them and for them. Richard cautions accident victims not to instruct solicitors until they have spoken with and have every confidence in the person handling their claim.
When necessary, Richard liaises closely with specialist barristers that he trusts and has dealt with over many years and will only instruct those who add significantly to the knowledge base of the case. In any personal injury action the ultimate conclusion may be at trial and all cases are prepared with this possibility in mind. Accordingly, and as a trial would be led by the barrister instructed by the firm, it is important, in a more serious or complicated claim, to involve a trial barrister at an early stage, in order that they fully advise in the preparation of the claim upon which they may eventually be representing the client at trial.
Some of Richard’s successful cases at this firm include:
• Multi-million pound settlement for delayed cancer diagnosis.
• Purportedly the highest ever settlement against the Church of England for a victim of historic sexual abuse.
• A number of local fatal road traffic accidents and accidents at work.
• Catastrophic life changing injuries.
• Class action (approximately 40 guests) wedding dinner food poisoning at a Spa Resort.
• Air accident injuries.
• Multiple dog bite claims caused to adults and children.
• Long term bacterial illness caused to school children on an organised school trip.
• Fatal clinical negligence actions locally as well as multiple less serious clinical negligence claims.
• Claims against a Local Authorities including an incident involving a client who fell into a rabbit hole whilst walking in the countryside seriously injuring her leg.
• Claims against holiday companies for accidents occurring in hotels.
• Many other claims of all descriptions where the depth of effort reflects our desire to ensure the client is satisfied that instructions have been understood and fully accomplished.